Basingstoke Gymnastics Club
Safeguarding statement: “British Gymnastics is committed to safeguarding children and ensuring all young people have a positive experience in the sport. Anyone recruited to work or volunteer for the organization must be fully committed to these values”
Job Role & Responsibilities
Contract Type: Part Time, Permanent
Salary Range: £10.60 – £12.73 per hour depending upon qualification and experience
Line Manager: Head of Tumbling
Reference Number: 101TUM
The candidate for the Assistant Tumbling Coach will work alongside our team of passionate and dedicated coaches. And the main responsibilities will be:
- Take ownership of member feedback and communications alongside the head coach.
- Support the head coach in programming and developing gymnastics from NDP level through to elite level.
- Champion and promote the club to build our gymnastics community.
- Be responsible in maintaining the high standards of technical coaching and personal responsibilities as a coach.
- Coach at tumbling competitions and club events.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties/projects/meetings, which may be required from time to time in support of the club.
To find out more information about the role or to apply please fill out the application form attached and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Role & Responsibilities
Contract Type: Volunteer
Line Manager: Lead Club Welfare Officer
Reference Number: 101WO
The candidate for the Club Welfare Officer role will work alongside our growing team of passionate and dedicated Club Welfare Officers. The role and responsibilities of the Club Welfare Officer are:
- Assist the club to put in place policies and implementation plans for safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people.
- Be the first point of contact for club staff and volunteers, young people and parents for any issue concerning safeguarding, poor practice or potential/alleged abuse
- Ensure that all incidents are correctly reported and referred out in accordance with British Gymnastics guidelines
- Ensure that all relevant club members access appropriate safeguarding training
- Ensure that British Gymnastics procedures for recruitment of staff and volunteers are followed and all appropriate existing staff or volunteers have up-to-date Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures
- Maintain local contact details for Children’s Social Care Services, the Police and Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB)
- Ensure that codes of conduct are in place for club staff and volunteers/officials, young people and parents
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained and information is only shared on a genuine ‘need to know’ basis
To find out more information about the role or to apply please fill out the application form attached and send to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 7th June 2022
“British Gymnastics is committed to safeguarding children and ensuring all young people have a positive experience in the sport. Anyone recruited to work or volunteer for the organisation must be fully committed to these values”
There are many great reasons to volunteer. It can give you an opportunity to develop new skills or expand on your existing experience and knowledge. Meet new people by doing something new and having fun. Whatever you’re reason to join in, there’s never been a better time to get involved.
The club are always open to volunteers for those who show a genuine interest in gymnastics and coaching, we are devoted in providing opportunities to aspiring coaches who want to further their coaching education.
Please contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
We are looking for qualified coaches at level 1 or 2 in any discipline to join the coaching team to add depth and knowledge to the current classes and squads.
In addition we are looking for volunteers or anyone interested in training to become a coach. The club will offer support and mentoring throughout. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and committed individuals who will follow our philosophy.
For more information please email email@example.com